could be worse

This week, the somewhat scary news from the New York Times that adding a small amount of bleach to the bath water of children with eczema can significantly improve their symptoms.

Makes me kind of wish I had a kid with eczema. Then my next article for cnn.com could be entitled, “Why I Dip My Kid in Bleach.”

Marketing Mama May 1, 2009 at 3:29 pm

So, I have a child with eczema, and this news is interesting – but scary. I can’t imagine pouring bleach in my daughters bathtub – or the idiot parents that will start doing it wrongly. Worth talking to my daughter’s doctor about, for sure. They say the staph that can grow on the eczema rashes is closely connected with food allergies – which one of my daughters has. 🙁

Pam May 1, 2009 at 4:44 pm

HAHAHA…Imagine all “love” you’d get!

You’ve got me…I’m hooked!

All Adither May 1, 2009 at 5:45 pm

My child has eczema, and believe me, it is not worth the catchy post title.

NukedSRT May 1, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I will have to let my wife confirm… but I want to say the the Dr. told her to start bathing the kids in this very manner to combat the eczema… It is becoming a battle in the Hawaiian climate to keep the kids skin healthy…

Linds May 1, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I just discovered your blog today, and enjoyed reading it immensely… also sent the link to my sisters, who I knew would enjoy and understand it even more than Single-With-A-Career Aunt Lindsay. We often talk about trading for a day, because we each secretly (or sometimes very blatantly) envy the other!
Thanks for making me smile 🙂

Jeannie May 1, 2009 at 10:31 pm

not sure if this works or not but i’ve had two children that have had it…worth checking out though! it’s a constant battle with detergants and soap.

also amy you might want to take that picture out of your profile rotation. i’m not that sensitive but others might be 🙂

Tiny Footprints May 3, 2009 at 3:10 am

My daughter has eczema and trust me… the title though clever is not worth it. We have struggled with it since she was 6 weeks old and we had weeks where there wasn’t a place you could touch on her that didn’t cause pain for her. Worth checking into I suppose… but I would need lots of info to back it up because it seems like it could make the problem worse… and trust me when I say that I don’t ever want to do that

Stephanie May 3, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Seriously, stop implying that people are objecting to the title and not to the article. Have you bothered to examine any of the issues that those people raised? Ok this is the last comment on your blog, sorry for contaminating it, it’s just that it really bothers me that there are so many people that were not bothered by that article.

AJ May 4, 2009 at 2:33 am

dude – jamie has excema in a big way, but much sa i am cavalier about a lot of thing i don’t think i can pour bleach in his bath… unless someone tells me he won’t be burned and it works! (keep in mind peeps, he’s not quite 8 months).

Laurie May 4, 2009 at 6:09 am

Hmm… two of my three kids have eczema, wonder if I should try this… you know, I think I’ll just stick with the hero worship we give to Eucerin and Aquaphor.